+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marlin 983S 22 Mag. I'M Very Disappointed !!

Default Marlin 983S 22 Mag. I'M Very Disappointed !!

I bought a 983S last week and I am very disappointed with it, this sugar coats the anger I feel. ( But I am old enough to know you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar.) The trigger out of the box was 6 pounds 15 ounces according to my Lyman Gauge. The Marlin I knew always did better than this.

OK, the trigger is now 3 pounds, but the problem now is the rifle shoots as bad as the trigger was, about 3.5 inches at 80 yds.
    I do wish you could still buy a rifle that would shoot out of the box, that required nothing but loading, but I guess those days are gone. You know the gun manufactures should consider selling kits, since you have to redo whats already done to make it accurate!!

I boxed it back up and returned it to Marlin. My patience runs very thin with poor workmanship and poor QC. I get angry quick. I questioned them about a refund on returning and they said I would have to eat it, I explained that I shouldn't be out of pocket 31.00 bucks because they didn't do their part.

What do you Guys think? Should I have to eat the $31.00 bill for returning or am I being unreasonable.
    I am already out a bout $45.00 in ammo trying to make it shoot I think that is enough.

Shooting50
    Edit/Delete Message

Alot of folks are questioning whether -or not- the quality will hold up in the Marlins now that they're owned by the same company that owns Remington. Do they not test sight them at 50 yards or anything? Reckon not.
    Thank you Navy Seal Team 6 Looking for 22 Winchester Automatic ammo. Always. PM me if you know of any. Check Out My Exotic Ammo For Sale

Villanow, east of Lafayette Ga. Walker Co.

Hate to hear this because I am a big Marlin fan but I have heard a lot of folks have'n trouble out of the new Marlin rifles and customer service sence Marlin sold out.
    All my Marlins are pre 1980 except one so I dont know much about the new ones.
    If you want a acurate 22 mag find you a older model Marlin 783 or mod 57M.
    I dont think you should have to eat the $31.00, thats not right!
    "You learn more a lisnen than you do a talken".

I have owned about a dozen Marlin rifles and shot several dozen more sighting them in for other people. I have yet to see one that had what I would call even a decent trigger. They all stink. That said though I never saw one that shot that bad either. You should not have to pay shipping to send back an inferior product but that is the sign of the times.
    Doing right is always right, doing good is always good

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information